- Take a good quality multivitamin. It can be hard to get all the nutrients we need on a daily basis and this gives us some added insurance
- Drink a glass of water. Cells need to be hydrated to function at their best. Drinking water will help hydrate you, has zero calories and may help boost your mental clarity
- Write down three things you are grateful for. Just the act of writing down something you are grateful for increases your positivity, your self-esteem rises, you sleep better and it reduces stress.
- Stretch your hamstrings. Those big muscles on the back of your legs tend to shorten because we spend so much time sitting. These tight muscles can pull on your pelvis and cause lower back pain
- Everyone needs at least 7 hours of sleep. Over 500 different genes can be turned on positively with a good nights sleep or negatively if you are sleep deprived. Your brain also cleanses itself only while you are sleeping.
- Get up from your desk and walk around. Just getting up from your desk can add years to your life. A study showed that those that sat for more than 3 hours a day decreased their lifespan by two years.
- Power Pose. Standing like a superwoman can instantly boost your confidence which can decrease your stress hormones. This has a positive effect on your health and wellbeing. Standing upright with your shoulders back will improve your posture and increase your lung capacity both of which have positive impacts on your health.
- Play with your dog, play with your child. Laugh, sing. All of these things reduce stress hormones and increase dopamine which makes you feel happier, reduce blood pressure and can even help you lose weight. Just a couple of minutes a day can change your whole outlook and improve your health.
- Take a minute to be present. Being in the moment can reduce your anxiety and stress by letting your mind see everything is fine. Turning down the hypervigilance in the brain helps you live a more peaceful and productive life. To do this use your senses. Touch something in the room you are in, listen to the sounds you hear and see something in your room and realize you are fine right now.
- Eat a salad. Make it colorful and fresh. You can make a big salad in 5 minutes and eat it all week. This will provide you with nutrients your body needs replenished every day. You can check out this video for my easy summer salad
I hope you will try some of these tips and improve your health today!